Roasted Suckling Pig
Ingredients (servers six):
One suckling pig around 3-4- kilos (6-9 lbs) in weight 100 gr. (4 oz) of fresh pork fat 4 garlic cloves and Salt.
1. Cut the suckling pig along the backbone from the head to the tail. Season to taste.
2. Lay the pig onto a baking tray placing some bay leaves underneath.
3. Pour 1/4 of a litre ( approx. 2 pts) of water in the baking tray.
4. Bake at 120ºC ( 250 F, Gas Mark 1/2) for an hour. The suckling ping must be placed upside down.
5. After 45 minutes turn it over so that the skin is facing upwards and raise oven temperature slightly.
6. Prick all over with a fork and spread pork fat with a brush. Add the previously ground garlic. Adjust salt and add water if necessary.
7. The suckling pig must be crusty to be cut up and served.